Thursday, September 17, 2026

Video library management and curation - Libib.com

There are lots of ways to curate and store a collection of physical media.  I chose to keep it simple, so all of the titles in my media library are shelved alphabetically.  I've tried other approaches over the years, but this works best for me.

I also use Libib.com, a cloud cataloging system, to keep track of my collection.  Libib provides free and upgraded (paid) versions.  For a private collection like mine, the free version works great!  

Libib includes a quick and easy way to add titles to a collection, and provides ways to edit each entry to suit your needs.  Movie summaries for most titles are already available when you add them, but if you want to edit these or write your own summaries, you can.  You can also add searchable custom tags for each movie and movie ratings as well.  For me, tags I use include the decade a movie was released, film rating, genre, etc.   

A great benefit of using Libib is that I can access my digital inventory of movies anywhere I have access to the web.  So, if I'm at a thrift store or a yard sale and I'm looking at movies, I can quickly check to see if I have already own a particular title.  This has saved me many times from buying a movie that was already in my collection.  


This is a screen capture from my Libib catalog of films

I can't say enough good things about my experience with Libib.  Before using Libib, I had to generate Word documents of my catalog, including an alphabetical list, a list that included a brief summary of each title, and a list sorted by genre.  And, I updated this list a few times a year.  Gone are the days that I do that!  

Thank you Libib!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

MARS ATTACKS! (1996)

MARS ATTACKS (1996) Rating - PG-13 - Rottentomatoes freshness score 57% (popcornmeter 53%), IMDB rating 6.4/10 Synopsis : A fleet of Martian...