PROJECT HAIL MARY (2026)
Rating PG-13 - Rottentomatoes freshness rating 95% (popcornmeter 95%), IMDB rating 8.2/10
Synopsis:
The sun and all nearby stars, except one, are dimming. If this continues, Earth has only decades before it descends into a lethal ice age. The nations of the world unite to support Project Hail Mary, a mission to send a crew to the star that isn't dimming to see if they can discover why, and to hopefully discover something that can save humanity.
When Ryland Grace, a middle school science teacher (and PhD molecular biologist) wakes up, he doesn't remember any of this, and has to figure out where he is and what he is supposed to do.
Thoughts:
This is my new favorite sci-fi movie, and the competition for that slot is tough! But, Andy Weir's book and movie are absolutely amazing. I was already a fan of his after reading and then watching The Martian, but Project Hail Mary has solidified his status in the sci-fi genre.
This is one of the most amazing and sweetest friendship stories I've ever seen. And, yes, I shed a tear or two while watching it - make sure you have a tissue handy!
The character development and story arcs are fantastic, and the storytelling is top-notch. I also think that the reliance on physical effects instead of CGI makes it so much more realistic. Kudos for that!
This movie also confirms Ryan Gosling among the tip top of today's Hollywood stars, and one of the very best actors to watch.
Project Hail Mary is the first movie that I've seen three times in the theater in a long, long time, and I will certainly see it many more times in the years to come.
All I can say about this movie is that this is one that you have to see before you die! And, even if you aren't a fan of sci-fi, this movie will touch your heart.
Absolutely highest recommendation!!

No comments:
Post a Comment